Thursday, November 28, 2019

The Rules of Taking Children Abroad'

Believe it or not, it isn’t always as simple as you think to be able to take your children away with you on vacation. There are a few little traps that some parents face when they plan to take their children abroad. A lot of parents don’t start to realize that this is something that could be an issue whether you are planning a quick trip abroad or a long trip away. One of the things is that consent is needed from both parents if you are separated parents. So there are a few different things to think about. 

So, if you are planning to take your children abroad, then you might need to check a few things before you. You might need the help of a child custody lawyer if you are their other parent are separated, so it isn’t something to take lightly. Here are some things to be thinking about.

Different Surnames

You may have a different surname from your children, which can happen for a variety of different reasons. You and their other parent could not be married or you might still have your passport in your maiden name. This is something that can be checked up on by immigration officials, so it is important to think about, even if it hadn’t crossed your mind before. It is a good idea to think about having some ID documents with you, such as their birth certificates or your marriage certificate, for example. This is going to be very needed if you are traveling alone with the children, without another parent. You could even think about getting a letter from the other parent, if that is easy to get. Just an extra thing to be thinking about when you plan your vacation.

Relocating abroad with your children

There are a lot of things to think about if you are thinking about relocating with your children to a different country. Both parents, together or not, need to be involved in the decision to relocate with the children as it is something that can mean a large disruption to their life. It can really mean that they are going to be far away from one parent on a long-term basis, if their parents are separated or divorced.

When you need to take children on a vacation, it is actually against the law to remove a child from the country on a permanent basis without the consent of both parents. So no matter what dreams and plans you have, it won’t be possible without full consent from the other parent. You could look into going to court in order to do so, but it can be a long process. 

If you have some questions about taking your children away on vacation, especially if you parents are divorced, then it is a good idea to seek some help from a lawyer if needed. You don’t want to run the risk of anything happening, so ask the questions and get prepared ahead of time.

0 travelers' comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so leave me a line or two and I will follow your trail and comment back.

It's been..

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Travels and Wandering " © 2011 │ Template by Demcy Apdian-Dias │ Tweaked by EnAiRrAh