Our son turned double digits this month. We celebrated his birthday party with close friends at our home last Saturday. It's been a while since I hosted a birthday party so I was a bit nervous but knowing the people we invited, I was confident that the party will go just fine. This is actually our first time having a party at our new home so we were excited.
We only invited few close friends as it wasn't that big of a party. Two families are our former neighbors whom we call our family.
Hosting a party can be stressful but with good planning and preparation, you can relax while waiting for the guests. Here are simple hacks for a relaxing party.
- Make sure that you have a stack of bathroom tissues in the bathroom.
- Aside from towels, make sure that you have extra facial tissues in the bathroom just in case some guest might want to wipe their face.
- At this time of the year, chances are, you will have a guest that has cold or sniffle so make sure that you have tissues in every part of the room where guests will walk around.
- Instead of cooking all the food, spare yourself from too much stress and order some food instead. I prepared some dishes but I also ordered some food such as jojo potatoes, chicken strips, and pizza. I also ordered the cake since I am not really a baker. Believe me I envy those Moms who can bake their children's birthday cake, I think that is very special. I will post a separate one for all the goodies at my food blog.
- I used to use silverware and plates when used to have our children's birthday party but found it hard to clean up after the party so I just buy paper plates and other disposable material to use. That way, they can just toss it out in the garbage when they are done eating.
- Prepare different kinds of beverage for your guests that way they h ave a few variety to choose from.
Disclosure: I received these Emerald tissue products from Shoplet but was not financially compensated for it. I love that these are made from by-products such as sugarcane bagasse and wheat straw. Emerald brand eliminates the need to cut down trees by utilizing the traditionally wasted by-products I have mentioned and turn them into high quality paper and packaging solutions