The photos below were taken by a DSLR using my new Nikon Nikkor AF-S zoom lens that hubby got me for Christmas, thanks Hon! The lens cost $249.00
The features of this lines is below (copied from the store website.
- Designed exclusively for use with Nikon's DX series digital SLR cameras, the Nikon Nikkor AF-S zoom lens is ideal for sports, action, wildlife, travel, and portrait photography.
- Nikon's Vibration Reduction system enables you to take substantially sharper handheld pictures at slower shutter speeds — as many as 3 stops slower.
- An Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element provides high-resolution images while minimizing chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion.
- Plus, the Nikon VR Image Stabilization DSLR Lens features Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM), which combines fast and precise auto-focusing with super-quiet operation.
- The Internal Focusing (IF) construction allows the Nikon zoom lens to focus without changing its external size.
Nikon VR Image Stabilization DSLR Lens, AF-S DX 55-200mm Nikkor Zoom Lens:
- Versatile and compact, the Nikon Zoom Lens brings the action to the photographer. Ideal for portraiture, family, sports, nature and wildlife.
- Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction) reduces the effects of camera shake, allowing hand-held shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would be possible for dramatically sharper images.
- An ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration, contributing to superior optical performance.
- This VR Image Stabilization DSLR Lens features a new compact rod-type Silent Wave Motor (SW) enables ultra-high speed auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation.
- The Nikon Nikkor AF-S Zoom Lens features a focus mode switch, which enables quick switching between A (Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus).
- The Nikon DX series lens is constructed with 15 elements in 11 groups.
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm provides more natural out-of-focus highlights.